Thursday, April 17, 2014

rikuzentakata, iwate.

On our way back to Tokyo, we stopped by Rikuzentakata, one of the towns hit worst by the 3.11 tsunami. I hadn't visited this area the last time I was in Tohoku, so it was an eerie feeling to visit a town where so many people used to live. There was also a boat that ended up on top of a building, but when we visited, they were already working on taking it down. 

Japan is really working on its way to recovery in Tohoku, but there's still a long way to go. I also know that it's going to be a long emotional recovery process. Keep on praying for those in Tohoku, and everyone affected by the 3.11 tsunami and earthquake.

As for myself, I do want to go back and visit...hopefully sometime soon. :)







Mirror selfie! heh











No comments:

Post a Comment