Monday, November 8, 2010

random.

This past Saturday, I went to Freedom and Fashion, a fashion show that raised awareness of human traffiking and what people could do about it. Originally, I was just going to go and support, and to check out the fashion show. However, my friend that works for the school newspaper asked if I could photograph for the newspaper since I'm technically an intern.

While I was taking pictures, not knowing what the heck I was doing and what I was allowed to do, I was thinking how it was interesting what kind of photos I've taken in the past few years. I've gone from just taking pictures on my point-and-shoot camera, to taking pictures of my sister's basketball games, making my own photoshoots, talking to photographers, and taking pictures at a fashion show. I would have never in my life thought that I would have done the things I have in this past year alone. It blows my mind!

Tonight, I went to the photo team's meeting, and there was a photographer that was teaching us the basics of the camera, and I learned so much. Even though I didn't understand half of the acronyms he was spewing out of his mouth, I nodded like the rest of the interns/staff like I knew exactly what he was talking about. Despite the fact that I felt so amateurish, it just inspires me to want to learn more and become a better photographer. I wondered why I hadn't done this earlier. The meeting in itself was awkward because I walked in and when I introduced myself, no one said "hi" back to me, but just stared back at me, which made me feel awkward...but I forgot all about it when the speaker started explaining how a camera works.

I guess tonight was just a realization that I still have so much to learn, and it doesn't scare me, but excites me. Here's to more learning!

Sidenote: I'm thinking of doing a photoshoot of some sort, but I'm not sure when that will take place...I've told a few people about it, and they seem to like it, so I'll be trying to plan for it. Thank you for following me, friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment