Monday, July 21, 2014

color run.

I somehow neglected to post any photos from the Color Run I did back in May.

Yeah, that's right. I said it. Run.


Okay, fine. It was only a 5k, but mind you, I hadn't ran in a very long time until that day. (Sad, but just being real here.)

My two friends and I decided to participate in the Color Run. We all had heard about it, thought about it, contemplated it, but never went through with signing up. Since we had each other to keep us accountable, we signed up and went!

The event was such a blast (of color!) and it was exciting being around so many positive people who just wanted to dance to music, throw themselves in colored cornstarch, and "run" around 3 miles. One of our other friends joined us too, making it all the merrier!

I took my iPhone and covered it in saran wrap. For the most part, it kept the color out of my phone. Here are some of the photos I took!

Running in through the second color. We were shocked by how they were throwing color at us for the first one, so we weren't prepared.


Last color!

At the finish line is where most of the fun happened. They gave out one free package of color to throw at each other. hehe.

  


There was also a DJ pumping music. People were having fun and throwing color in the air! Now that's my kind of party! :)


Woohoo! We did it! :)

I definitely would recommend doing it if you get the chance! Really, it's about throwing away your inhibitions of what people might think about you, being silly, and getting covered in color. Doesn't that sound like fun? :)

See if there's one near you coming up soon here: http://thecolorrun.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment