Tuesday, March 19, 2013

wppi 2013.

When I first heard about this conference, all I could think was, "Dang. Someday, I hope to attend that conference, learn more about photography, and meet others who have the same love for the craft as I do!" I never thought that I would be presented with the opportunity of attending so soon.

Last week I went to the WPPI (Wedding and Portrait Photography International) Conference in crazy Las Vegas. There were hundreds of photographers, vendors, and sponsors in one location. I attended seminars, got inspired, and was reminded of why I fell in love with photography in the first place.


For the first few days, I forgot the reason why I wanted to even do photography in the first place. As I walked down the gallery of photographs that were recognized by the WPPI judges, I remembered.

I want to tell people's stories and for my audience to feel something from my photographs.

I love people, and I love hearing their stories. Even with the personal project I have going on, I know that everyone has a story to tell, and I want them to know and remember that. Every person is different, beautiful, and unique in their own special way, and that's what makes them who they are. Sure, there are models, celebrities, and musicians, but beneath it all, they're still just human with a story to tell of their own.


Of course insecurities came up on my end as a photographer. Thoughts of "Do I even have what it takes?" and, "How can I possibly survive among all of these hundreds of other photographers?" The reality of it all is that I don't know. I have no clue as to whether or not photography is what I'm meant to do, but I know that it's something that I want to strive toward and have the knowledge that I gave it my all.

I come back from WPPI inspired, motivated, and excited. It might seem like I'm just dreaming and not thinking of reality, but I prefer to try and fail, rather than wondering if I missed out on something amazing.

Here goes nothing.

{I'll be posting pictures in categories, so stay tuned for those. ;) }

No comments:

Post a Comment