Friday, June 29, 2012

restart.

To be honest, I haven't been taking that many photos lately. Being in college, I focused mostly on school, meeting up with friends, and spending time with my roommates. Thus, there was little to no time to think seriously about photography. I would bring my camera now and then to events, but it's been awhile since I've actually tried to create something besides another picture of my friend with a plate of delicious food.

Post-graduation, I've been wondering a lot about my passion for photography; where did it go? I remember sophomore year, I organized a huge photoshoot where there were at least 4 different people with cameras, and 4 of my friends modeling for us. The last time I did an organized shoot was last summer.

I blame it to lack of time and motivation to pick up my camera and simply shoot. Yet, I can't hide the fact that I've also let money, self-esteem, and comparison get in the way of pursuing anything photography related.

I cannot, will not, let this happen any longer.

Keep me accountable for this, but I want to dedicate more of my time to photography over this next year, and especially when I have no other excuse since I'm done with college. This might not be a full-time gig, but I want to become better as a photographer instead of constantly comparing myself to other photographers out there.

Tonight, when I told my friend that I compared my photography with others and that I wasn't all that great, she told me, "But you're the only one that can take photos the way you do, and see things the way you see them."

This might burn and fail, but I'm at least willing going to give this another shot.

Restart.

No comments:

Post a Comment