Friday, July 15, 2011

unconventional portraiture.

If you haven't noticed already by past blog posts, I particularly like taking portraiture photography. I love people, and being able to capture their personality through the medium of the camera. For our third assignment, we had to take portraits of people in an unconventional way. I actually had two sets to work from by editing time, but I ended up choosing the first set.

first set:
I was kind of desperate for pictures, so I went with my good friend Jonathan, and we went to Costco. Prior to this assignment, I always admired street photographers and their ability to capture random strangers at unguarded moments. I so badly wanted to achieve something of that sort, but the thing is...I'm too chicken. I can't just boldly put my camera in front of my face, letting the person know that I'm taking a picture of them, and just bounce. So instead...I do that really fast, or hide behind something else and snap it. My classmates described these photos as being paparazzi, which I guess they kind of are...But yes, that is my story behind these pictures.

second set:

While trying to think of unconventional portraits, I love the idea of framing a picture within a picture with another object. Thus, this set was formed. She described it as having a "voyeuristic" feel. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment